Basic Oxygen Furnaces (BOF)
With the rapid changes occurring in the technology, our modern steel mills prefer to rely upon the Basic Oxygen Furnaces (BOF) for producing large tonnes of carbon steel from iron. The working of our offered furnace is dependent upon the injection of high pressure oxygen into the molten iron for burning out excess carbon and several other combustible impurities. This injected oxygen delivers energy to the BOF for converting iron into steel.
- Pros of Using Basic Oxygen Furnace
- Since it does not burn fuel, therefore, it is highly cost efficient
- For ensuring efficient operation, it offers batch operations
- Makes use of inherent heat from the molten iron
- Ruggedly constructed to ensure durability and reliability
S.F.No: 284-B, Vellan Thottam, Ganesh Nagar, Malumachampatti, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, 641050, India